Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) or other relevant disciplines such as international relations/ development; focus on Africa and/or EU policy towards Africa, will be considered as an asset
- Knowledge of European Commission policy in the concerned sector, as well as good understanding of the instruments governing the EU-Africa relations and relevant policy framework will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent report and policy brief writing skills
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years professional experience in the sector(s) related to the lot (education and training, health, social protection).
- Relevant professional experience in STI/R&I or related fields.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in formulation and/or implementation and/or evaluation of ToR template OPSYS – part B Page 4 of 9 international cooperation programmes and projects, as well as stakeholder mapping.
- Professional experience on Africa is a strong asset
Specific Professional Experience
- Among the 8 years of professional experience, at least 5 years of experience in formulation of policy, policy analysis, research and/or design and implementation of international cooperation programmes (including stakeholder mapping) in areas related to STI/R&I.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in developing countries’ context and challenges, in particular in Africa.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in STI policies, strategies, regulatory frameworks and innovation ecosystems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the African STI sector, African international cooperation programmes, and the main actors in Africa participating in STI
- Experience as expert in EU-funded development cooperation programmes and projects, and specially assignments / studies related to the subject of this contract (in particular science capacities, STI governance, innovation ecosystem) will be considered as an asset.
- Experience in conducting comprehensive in-country ecosystem assessments, preferably of STI sectors is considered as an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and French language.
- in Portuguese and/or Arabic will be considered an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org|Deadline: 7th December 2021.