General description of the position Team Leader / Health Economist: In addition to providing substantial inputs to the objectives of the study in the field of health financing, the team leader is responsible for the overall coordination of the assignment, timely delivery of the outputs, keeping coherence and consistency of the deliverables.
Qualifications and skills required
- Advanced degree from an accredited university in economics, health economics, public health, international development, evaluation research, statistics, or a related discipline required; equivalent experience may be substituted for undergraduate degree.
General professional experience
- The expert shall have at least 12 years’ experience working in the area of health economy, planning and policy, economic evaluation, health system strengthening, primary health care.
Specific professional experience
- Familiarity with economic evaluation and costing study in health in the context of developing countries is essential.
- Qualitative and quantitative skills on cost-effectiveness and equity analysis, expenditure tracking, costing, planning and budgeting.
- Experience in collaborating with government and development partners;
- Familiarity with the Jordanian health systems and functions would be an asset
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English is required;
- working knowledge of Arabic is desirable
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org|Deadline: 5th May 2022.