The project was implemented in the framework of the European program “Initiatives for the support of vulnerable social groups in the E.U. regions bordering the pre-accession countries” (Budget L B5-3003, Preparatory Projects on the Impact of Enlargement in the Border Regions of the European Union).
It aimed at strengthening the competitiveness of the peripheral regions of Greece anticipated to be mostly affected by enlargement, by helping these regions to cope with the resulting social and economic changes. It mainly focused on addressing geographical and professional mobility of unskilled workers and particularly women, in the following target sectors: IT, Telecommunications and Tourism.
The project was implemented in the less competitive border regions of Greece – Thrace, North and South Aegean, Crete as well as the region of Chemnitz in Germany.
ANCE participated in the implementation of the following activities:
- comparative analysis of current and future needs of the labour market in the participating regions
- design of a cooperation strategy between SMEs and Training Institutions
- Action Plan for the strengthening of the labour force capacity and for the promotion of professional mobility in the target sectors
- Action plan for the development of job placements
- Public Awareness and exchange of best practices.