Qualifications and skills required:
- Master’s Degree or above in education or equivalent.
- An additional qualification in VET reforms with a focus on Africa and/or EU policy towards Africa, will be considered as a strong asset.
- Knowledge of European Commission policy in the concerned sector, as well as good understanding of the instruments governing the EU-Africa relations and relevant policy framework will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent report and policy brief writing skills
General professional experience:
- At least 12 years professional experience related to VET.
- At least 6 years professional experience on Africa is required.
Specific Professional Experience
- At least 10 years professional experience in VET policy design and development, sub-sector analysis, planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Having carried out at least 6 assignments of at least 40 days each, in at least 3 of the following domains: i) capacity building programmes for the development of training opportunities appropriate for the labour market in Africa, ii) institutional and technical (management of training offer, financing, quality, employability, innovation), iii) capacity building of VET institutions and bodies, iv) cooperation between European and African VET institutions (mobility, scholarships, capacity building programmes), v) development of partnerships between VET providers and bodies and private sector.
- Experience as expert in EU development cooperation programmes, in national development cooperation agencies, and/or with international organisations in the VET area in Africa from a continental perspective will be considered as an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Ability to reference relevant information and materials and communicate in French.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV at: email@example.com|Deadline: 7th December 2021.