The objective of the project was the strengthening of non governmental and professional organizations for providing business support services for the promotion of entrepreneurship amongst women and youth in Surkhandarya (Baysyn district) and Djizzak (Pakhtakor district) provinces of Uzbekistan. More specifically the project aimed at:
- Increasing awareness among targeted women and youth regarding opportunities for self-employment.
- Increasing knowledge among the targeted women and youth on how to start-up a business, i.e. the legal framework, funding sources, cost structure, quality issues, etc.,
- Increasing understanding of the benefits of business synergies and business coaching practices for improving efficiency and competitiveness.
- Improving the capacity of the Business Women Association of Uzbekistan (BWA) and the Uzbek Association of Consulting Engineers (UZACE) to promote and support entrepreneurs at local, district and national level.
- Improving the capacity of BWA and UZACE in building networks for enhancement and support of entrepreneurship development and SMEs.
- Increasing future business cooperation between Uzbek and Greek SMEs.
- The main project activities were:
- Enhancing Entrepreneurship amongst women and youth in Surkhandarya and Djizzak Oblasts of Uzbekistan
- Organization of training of trainers on use of tools for supporting entrepreneurship
- Capacity building of UZACE and BWA Tashkent and district branches
- Pilot application of building synergies and business coaching in Surkhandarya and Djizzak Oblasts of Uzbekistan
- Network building and dissemination of project results
The project was co-funded by EuropeAid (TACIS Institution Building Partnership Programme).