The title is: Assistance Technique - Programme Education (Technical Assistance - Education Program) - FWC SIEA 2018 - Lot 4: Human Development and Safety Net
Despite enduring numerous challenges and crises, Burundi has been undergoing significant changes since 2011. Through structural and financial reforms, the nation is working towards its development goals. Highlighting the significance of education, Burundi aligns its objectives with the "Burundi Vision for an Emerging Country in 2040," with a particular focus on establishing an inclusive and high-quality education system.
The EU, in partnership with Burundi, prioritizes education in its Multi-Annual Indicative Program 2021-2024, recognizing its foundational role. This technical assistance aligns with the Basic Education Support Program and the 2022-2030 Education Sector Plan and aims to:
- Harmonize education approaches among partners.
- Enhance technical and strategic coordination.
- Implement harmonized progress monitoring and visibility plan monitoring.
- Coordinate the Steering and Technical Monitoring Committees.
- Provide financial support and guidance to the Ministry.
- Collaborate on a salary policy for teachers within the national strategy.
- Ensure cross-cutting issues in all activities.
- Articulate activities with the regional teacher initiative as well as the national initiative.
This project is financed by the European Union and implemented by Luvent Consulting.
It starts in January 2024 and has a duration of 34 months.