(i)Qualifications and Skills
A degree at Masters level or equivalent professional experience in a relevant area of study like social or political sciences, law, and development studies.
Youth related academic background is an asset.
(ii) General Professional Experience:
- Minimum 12 years' experience in areas related to youth and governance support.
- Exposure to previous strategic planning processes of the EU and programming in the development context is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of preparing, reviewing, identifying and analysing youth policies
- Experience in the Middle East context, notably as part of institutional or civil society support is preferred. Local expertise is an asset.
- Experience to rights-based programming and conflict sensitive approaches is an asset
(iii) Specific Professional Experience:
- Experience of EU programming process and tools (identification and formulation) in particular theory of change and intervention logic
- Experience as Team Leader in Youth-related assignments (leadership & coordination skills).
- Demonstrated ability for participatory and inclusive approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results in limited time is required.
- Ability to draft high quality and concise, analytical reports.
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of written and spoken Arabic is an asset
If you are interested in the position, please send us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org | Deadline: 19 December 2018