Requirements of the Team:
Qualification and skills of the team:
- Postgraduate degree (at least Masters’ degree or equivalent) in international health (public health, health economics, epidemiology etc.) or other relevant medical, social or political science (with focus on public health) (all 3 experts);
- Excellent analytical and written communication skills as well as good oral interpersonal and intercultural communication skills (all 3 experts).
General professional experience of the team:
- Over 20 years of experience in health systems strengthening at country and regional level (…);
- (…) including at least 15 years in Africa (all team members);
- Collectively, the team should have at least 30 years of working experience in desk-based research, primary data collection and qualitative analysis of data;
- Collectively, the 3 team members should have professional experience in the following technical areas: pharmaceutical regulation, manufacturing of vaccines and other medical products; pandemic prevention, preparedness and response; strengthening of public health institutes; sexual and reproductive health and rights; digital health; health financing and universal health coverage, preferably in sub-Saharan Africa (evidenced by involvement in articles/studies/ reports, technical assistance, trainings and other activities on these subjects).
- In order for the team to cover all areas of the EU-AU health partnership, he/ she should have experience in at least 3 of the technical areas listed above.
- Direct working experience with at least one REC in fields of public health at different levels (project implementation, proposal development, policy dialogue etc); Experience with more than one REC will be an asset (at least one team member);
- Demonstrated knowledge on the broader African Union/ RECs architecture (at least one team member).
Specific professional experience of the team:
- Experience in organisational development of regional intergovernmental organisations and in formulation of recommendations regarding EU’s partnership and policy dialogue with these regional partners, preferably in Africa (at least one team member);
- Good understanding of EU development cooperation instruments, procedures and approaches (at least one team member);
- Experience in formulation of EU-funded regional programmes in Africa (at least one team member).
Language skills of the team:
- All team members should have a C2-level proficiency in English (spoken and written);
- At least 1 of the team members should have a C2-level proficiency in French.
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV at: firstname.lastname@example.org|Deadline: 1st of December 2022