General description of the position: The expert will support the Department of Women, Youth and Persons with Disabilities to implement the Gender Responsive Budgeting and planning components of the GEWE budget support programme, including by providing specific capacity building to Government officials. The expert will also support the design and implementation o of the programme including the pilot projects, the programme steering committee as well as the policy dialogues.
Qualifications and skills required:
- Education: at least a Master’s degree in the sectors related to the lot 4, such as Social Sciences or Gender studies or Human Rights or Development studies or Statistics or Economics or Law. In its absence, a Bachelor's Degree with at least two years of professional experience in development cooperation or gender sectors in addition to the six years of general professional experience will be considered.
General professional experience
A minimum of 6 years’ experience in the sectors related to the lot 4.
Specific professional experience
- At least two experiences of providing technical support in gender responsive budgeting to government or development partners or civil society organisation.
- At least two experiences in policy or programme formulation as it relates to gender equality.
- Previous experience in institutional capacity building for government departments will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in working with EU funded programmes will be an advantage.
- Previous experience in working with the South African government will be an advantage.
- Proficiency in English (writing, speaking, reading).
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV at: email@example.com|Deadline: 16th November 2020.