The project’s general objective was the improvement of the quality of continuous professional training, with the specific objective of developing the institutional capacity of the National College of Social Workers in Romania (CNAS) in order to ensure the quality of the training and professional competence's evaluation system, by creating the Social Assistance Resource Centre RCSW and adapting to labour market requirements by developing 10 new occupational standards necessary in healthcare and social services field.
The Social Assistance Resource Centre will:
- Develop and update permanently databases of specialists in the field of social assistance and social services, and also in the area of development of the occupational standards and occupations in the sector.
- Ensure a permanent partnership between companies in the sector, the training and evaluation centres, the social sectorial committee.
- Provide training to experts (for occupational standards)
- Develop studies and analysis necessary to draft 10 occupational standards
- Identify and define new qualifications requests by the market
- Contribute to the improvement of the quality of the social services and reduce cases of malpraxis (among social workers)
- Promote open dialogue with NGOs, authorities and other relevant parties.
The project was co-financed by the European Social Fund and the Romanian Government Sectoral Operational Programme Human Resources Development 2007-2013.