The project aims to provide technical assistance to Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection in Ghana to ensure implementation of the Social Protection Policy.
The Ghana Employment and Social Protection Programme aims to contribute to inclusive growth in Ghana by strengthening social protection and employment systems in the country. The specific objective is to enhance social protection services particularly for vulnerable population groups and to generate decent employment opportunities.
The project will be implemented through 4 components:
• Component 1: Establishment of effective coordination practices
• Component 2: Enhanced implementation capacity at regional and district levels
• Component 3: Modernized training and curricula at institutions active in social protection education and training and enhanced institutional capacities
• Component 4: Strengthened management practices at MOGSP at Central and Local Level
• Component 5: Strengthened legal and regulatory framework
The duration of the project is 36 months (2018-2021) and it is funded by Europeaid.