ANCE has been awarded a new contract in Egypt. The project “Fostering employability and entrepreneurship for Egyptian youth and women in the Tourism sector” aims at strengthening the employability of Egyptian youth, women, unemployed and low skilled workers for the improvement of their transition to employment and encouragement of job seekers to become entrepreneurs in the tourism sector. Through this 48 months project which is implementing with the cooperation of Institute of the Greek Tourism Confederation (INSETE) and The Egyptian Association for Awareness and Comprehensive Development:
- 600 unemployed persons and/or job seekers in Aswan, Dakahlia and in Greater Cairo will be trained on the latest skills demands in the tourism sector and also will be received training for facilitating their access to employment
- 480 out of 600 trained people will be job placed in tourism companies (4-6months)
- 600 already workers in Hurghada, Greater Cairo and Aswan will be trained on the latest skills demands in the tourism sector
- 400 potential entrepreneurs’ women and youth will receive training on business start-ups and on functioning of the tourism market and related services especially in relation to environmental and folkloric handicrafts.
- 30 new entrepreneurs will be granted in order to start their own business in the tourism handicrafts.
The project also offers coaching and mentoring services for entrepreneurs, networking with business associations, angel investors and companies.